Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Performance Review and Suncor

Sorry for being quiet for so long. We got a new baby .... life took over but now I am back.

In 2009, I discussed 5 companies. If one had built an equally weighted portfolio of these companies on the days following my posts, one would have seen a return of approximately 87% (not including dividend: both Richelieu and Bird pay a dividend) as of today. The best return was from Neo Materials (+259%) and the worst from Richelieu hardware (+23%). I am happy with these numbers.

These days, I am looking into Suncor. The stock has been under pressure lately with two fires at its facilities. Following its acquisition of Petro Canada, Suncor has been slowly improving its balance sheet by selling some non-core assets. My guess is that one day, investors will wake up and realize that the fires were anomalies and that the balance sheet has been improved and the stock price will go back. I know this is not small cap but I thought I would mention it.

Note: This is not a recommendation. Do your own research. I am evil.

1 comment: